Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dove



It is no mystery that Dove has launched a campaign to empower women through their advertisement campaigns about "real women." This is their latest video that I came across that is geared towards effecting mothers emotions about their daughters being exposed to the thin media images that frequent the covers of magazines, movies, television, etc. However the way that I stumbled across this video was from a news story that discussed how Doves parent company does not uphold the same image and "moral value" that Dove adheres to when advertising and campaigning. The parent company in fact uses images of women chasing after men because they are attracted to the way they smell (the ax bodyspray for men commercial )
kind of ironic

5 comments:

Paro said...

I love this commercial because being 20somethings we are so used to seeing that kind of advertising that we don't really give it a second thought. I think it is horrible esp since we live in a world where most parents use television as their babysitter and leave their kids watching the tube for multiple hours to entertain them. This is what is getting into the heads of little girls.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that particular make. The prices seeking the shoes are approximately 220 pounds everwhere. But completely I found this locate selling them for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good day people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices for the velcros are approximately 220 dollars on every page. But for all I bring about this location selling them for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that meticulous make. The prices as regards the velcros were around 180 dollars on every page. But completely I base this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what can you say about it?